Monday, October 04, 2004

By the Yard

We're planning on having a yard sale next weekend. I'm so excited. It may not happen though, looks like a rainy weekend. This is the first yard sale I've ever participated in! Yay! I'm selling a bunch of my old books for a buck, an old boombox of mine, and some old cds. I was thinking of selling some bakery goods too, like cookies and pie (homemade, from scratch). Oh man, I hope people buy my junk. heh. I loved going to garage and yard sales back in New York. It used to be either me and Mike, walking the neighborhood, checking out the sales, or me, Mike, Clyde, Abel and Gene. We'd buy the worse junk ever... heh. No one can resist cheap junk... if it were free it would be trash, but since I have to pay a little something for it, then it has to be good. haha.

I'm in charge of making posters with Rich. We're always complaining about the bad signs people literally just scribble on. They put it on neon orange poster boards but then use a tiny light pen to tell you the info. It's hard to read when you're zooming past in your car. We're planning on placing an ad in the paper as well. Linda says that if you put that it starts at 9 A.M. they'll start coming at 8, because those are the antique hunters and they want to make sure they get the good stuff first! haha. I love it.

Rich believes not too many people will be interested in buying old books, but I told him that if there were people like me out in the world, the idea of buying a slightly used book for a dollar thrills me to the bone, they better come running. haha I'm someone who goes to thrift stores looking for old books and I found some good ones for 50 cents! Of course the books I'm selling are all books I'm willing to give away. The ones I prize highly are staying right here! The majority are Agatha Christie books, and most of the rest are mystery books. I might sell my Stephen Kings too, like "From A Buick 8", which was pretty good but I don't think I'll reread it. I wont sell my "Green Mile" though. That was a good book. Ok. I gotta go pee. Just woke up twenty minutes ago, browsed some xangas and blogs, and then went directly to mine to leave a note, albeit a long one. 'kay. Have a wonderfully great day everyone!

Me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »