Thursday, February 19, 2004

You know how they always tell you that you pick men that remind you of your father, (sorta oedipal)? Well some people just go out of their way to avoid that. I don't think this is going anywhere... lalala. Oh by the way, I was enticed to buy five books, but really it's not hard to tempt me. Has anyone realized that the price of books have gone up? I remember buying books for $5.99 once upon a time and now?? The most expensive was $18.95! For a childrens' book! called Eragon. The rest was $14.00! Good thing for discounts...heehee. Oh by the way Mike, I got a Roald Dahl book called "Umbrella Man and other stories" (it's for adults, not children...i aint reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory though it was a great movie. I'm reading Persuasion at the moment (by Jane Austen). So far so good. The other books? Three Junes, Atonement, The Secret Life of Bees. Authors Christopher Paolini, Roald Dahl, Julia Glass, Ian McEwan, Sue Monk Kidd. Ooh I love reading...or maybe it's just books I love and not the act of reading. I do judge books by their covers, there's certain textures to them, the nice slightly gritty feel on some, and the smoothness of others. The binding, the pages and their edging...these too have rough or smooth, textured or soft, light or heavy. The thickness and heft, the smell...(almost indecent isn't it?) What's my favorite Twilight Zone? The one where the man loves reading and finally has all the time in the world only to have his glasses fall and break to a million pieces. (i've mentioned this before). It's called "Time Enough At Last" and stars Burgess Meredith.

No comments: