Sunday, February 29, 2004

Word of the Day

The word of the day is renege

This is a quote from George's site: "Why, oh why, can we no longer break into impromptu songs? Songs that everyone miraculously knows the dance moves and lyrics." I must say that I do break into impromptu songs and make up my own dance moves. Ask Rich about the "Blueberry Song and Dance", which struck both of us as a really good song and dance and which neither of us can remember anything about. It was as if I were suddenly overcome by the spirit of the Blueberry and had to sing and dance for my life. You ever hear the song "Tribute" by Tenacious D? It was something like that. "It just so happened to be, the Best song in the world, it was the Best song in the wooorld". In addition, Mike and I used to suddenly sing and dance (mostly sing) out of the blue (like our "By the Sea" ditty) but the times we did this we were looked at as if we were, for lack of a better word, crazy. So maybe we were, (i recall a certain pizza hut affair) but being young and impressionable we stopped that habit. Though I hear from Mike that he's trying to regain his footing once again, with his friends. But he's at the rebellious stage at the moment. Me? I meekly return to the impositions of society, and do it, only in the comfort of my own home. And while you blame the Republicans, I blame the Democrats and liberals, who befriend the celebrities, who seem to define what society accepts or cuts to pieces, and so while sex and violence are loved by all, dancing and singing in the middle of the road seems to be something looked on as being close to leprosy. This is the time that I thank ebay for their commercials. For being against the grain! Who suddenly just dances and sings in the middle of the mall? I wish I could have just sang to my angry customers, "it's on ebay!". Well that is all. Thank you for your time.

Me

Renege means:
1 obsolete : to make a denial
2 : REVOKE
3 : to go back on a promise or commitment.
Example sentence: I renege everything I wrote up there. Or We don't buy from Bernie and Phil's because their daughter bought a box from us but then renege on our deal.

Me

No comments: