Thursday, February 05, 2004

I saw "Lost In Translation" about two nights ago and I thought it was good. Rich didn't like it, he gave it 2 stars. Me? I thought it was bittersweet, a little sad, a little funny, a little different. I also saw "Under the Tuscan Sun", something I wanted to see a while ago, and I liked it a lot. For those who don't know me, I'm an Italio-phile. (That's my made-up word). I don't know about the people but the country is something I'd like to get to know better. Nothing personal against the people of Italy, I just don't know anyone from Italy. I know a lot of people whose parents were born there and who know as much of the country as I do, and I would imagine they're different from those who grew up there. Just like Filipinos who grew up in the Philippines and were there for most of their lives compared to those who grew up here in America. There's a difference in what environment you grew up in. I compare myself, who grew up here in America, to my cousins who grew up in the Philippines, there is a major difference. Neither negative nor positive, just different. God look at me, trying to make everything "PC" when this is my blog and I should be able to write whatever I want. But it's true, it is neither negative nor positive. Anyway, back to the movie. It was good, very chick-flicky, very sentimental, very funny. Oh just don't see "Cabin Fever". I thought it was terrible...oh and the poll? I like Wendy's chicken sandwiches and french fries, I've never been to Taco Bells, i like MickeyD's french fries, but Burger King's hamburgers, with its flame-broiled goodness. I love KFC and its mashed taters, gravy and biscuits, but I heard they mistreat their chickens... Subway I've only been in about three times and I liked the chicken sandwich I had the first time but the others I didn't. So which one is it? I dunno.

No comments: