Wednesday, January 28, 2004

So there's tiny little snowflakes flying around outside. Almost as if someone had shaken out the rug and the dust is just swirling past my window. It didn't really cover up anything, the driveway is just lightly dusted and the trees are still dark. Soot was enjoying it though. It seems that the neighborhood squirrels are running around outside and she likes to think she's akin to them. I've witnessed her practicing her hop and bound technique. Sometimes she directs Rich, "okay, you come out of the kitchen and I'll be sitting here, and then you reach down to pet me and I'll practice leaping out of your touch, just like those small gray kitties (squirrels) outside." So I stand around watching them play at it. He goes back to the kitchen and they try it once more. Sometimes I see the frustration in his face as he tries to really get her and I see the glee on her face when she succeeds in hopping away. Cute. Both of them.

No comments: