Friday, January 23, 2004

So i'm slowly getting there with the choose your own adventure. I hope i'm not the only one excited over it. heehee. Um, it's Friday, a good day to really jut relax and do nothing. I have a Poirot movie to watch tonight on A&E. This is routine, I try to watch it whenever I can on Fridays. Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's not, sometimes I'm busy, sometimes i forget. And so here I am waiting for the 8 o'clock hour and then I'm off to knit and watch t.v. I'm almost done with half of my hat, the one that matches the scarf that I just knitted. Yay. I really am progressing. I should edit that earlier post that made me list the five things I do to relax. Knitting is definitely one. Ooh, Rich and I just saw "Spellbound" a documentary on these kids who are all competing in the national spelling bee. This was the '99 spelling bee held in Washington D.C. Oh it was fantastic, but you have to remember I love documentaries. I even saw one called "The Checker King", there's something so touching and funny about it. One that you guys have to see is called "The Devil's Playground" it's about Amish life and their rite of passage called "rumspringa", that was a good documentary. This Spellbound was awesome too. The kids all came from different economc and cultural backgrounds. From the more wealthy to ones who lived in the rustic, almost struggling families. You root for the underdogs but you know it's impossible to have a chance against those who have tutors and every kind of help thrust upon them. Some of them had very supportive parents and some it seemed as if their parents were too crazy, not seeing it as a competition but rather more like a fight to the death. I have to get going, set my little knitting area and get comfy. Have a good weekend y'all.

Me.

No comments: