Monday, January 12, 2004

It snowed last night, and there are big flecks floating outside my window. Last night's Sex and the City was a great episode. Sam and her cancer was a downer but (sorry for whoever hasn't seen it yet, leave it in the comments section) it was good. However, I want to focus on what Carrie wrote on women today being romance intolerant. It's true. Just watching something seen as sweet makes me go "ick". I guess I'm not a big romantic, though back in the day Rich was quite "romantic" in his way, and I found them to be sweet or "cute". His poems and the sweet little things have slowly been kept to anniversaries and other special days, no longer the surprise factor, I guess he no longer has to "woo" me so what's the point? I guess he would say the same for me. After watching a Dr. Phil show, Phil said that womens' idea of romantic is having her mate help out around the house without asking, washing dishes, making dinner, taking out the garbage, help with the kids, etc. That, when I heard it, made my heart beat fast. Yes that is true romance! haha. It's true. We're not romance intolerant, our romance is just focused in another direction. Not poetry (though I write them and read em to Rich, but not once have I written it for him...heehee), no flowers, though I wouldn't mind a potted plant that wont die, and chocolates...ooh mmm please. haha gotta go.

Me

No comments: