Sunday, January 11, 2004

I was struck the other day with the thought that my photographs of childhood would one day fade away into a blur of yellows and grays, no longer holding on to the beautiful blues of the sky and reds of my skirt. It's similar to the true "I". What is the "I" and how do you define it? I would define it as memories and experiences that define you. Every few seconds our cells die and are replaced by new ones, so there are no cells that really link us to what we were in childhood. I cannot write out and explain exactly what I mean, but I do mean to write a story about it. Hopefully I wont lose track of it. So like the photographs that would fade, and not be the exact ones that they once were, we too fade from our original selves, a new entity, different, but still full of memories.

No comments: