Sunday, August 15, 2004

Twilight of the Gods

Hmm how fitting. Anywho.

The other day I went to the backyard and found that where once lay my garden now is a rectangular patch of dirt. Yes, my lovely garden is no longer. It really was on the chopping block since the beginning of spring when I saw that squirrels were eating my ripened and non-ripened strawberries off the vine!! Ooh how I seethed over that. I did manage to savor a handful but just the whole intrusion into something that I worked and cared for really took all the wind out of me. I've let it run free since then. The weeds were tangled with my tomatoes which were jumbled together with the peas, which in turn were being choked by my strawberries and their runners. There were good memories from that garden. The world's best broccoli was grown there, and so were purple peppers and juicy red plum tomatoes. A moment of silence for my poor garden... I did, however, manage to have someone save me four of my strawberry plants. Poor things seem to be languishing on the porch pots, luckily for them a storm is a-brewing and they will not be subjected to scorching heat and lack of water.

Well it's cold and wet outside. Hopefully this storm that's putting everyone in a tizzy, (or if you like: has put everyone in a dither) wont be so bad. No signs of anything too scary and strong, but it does dissipate by the time it reaches us, (after traveling some 1500 miles).

Can you imagine, in a month's time my brother will be 18 and I will be 24 two days after. 24!!!! That's "hitting the wall" age. Heh. You shouldn't take note of my hitting the wall, but rather take the date that i've given you and decide on what birthday present I would care for. Is that big enough of a hint for ya? haha. Really I don't care what you give me as long as it's expensive. haha.

Oh this has made me a bit sore. Turns out the dog has contracted the disgusting malady known as fleas. She in turn has passed it onto the cat. Not my cat, mind you. She does not mingle with that class. However, it's put me in a somewhat disapproving state because she can still catch it since those animals live in this house as well. "I take care of my kids". I brush her twice a day and feed her and make sure she doesn't get too messy. I know not to let her out because of all the things that could happen or she could bring into the house. I'm careful of what others bring into this house for fear that they might harm her. I would not like her to get fleas because I know what an irritation a little bit of water causes her and I can imagine what a bath would do. I wish other people were more mindful of where they bring their animals and what they bring into this house. eh. Yesterday Rich and I tried to see of she had fleas, but it took us about a minute to finally part her thick, short fur to get to her skin. Hopefully her lovely, thick fur will be a useful weapon against the diseases that unthoughtful people bring in. And so ends my speech. I will have to go and write my sunday sermon. Ali G and Def Poetry Jam is on tonight, as well. Last week a guy was on who read his poem on "Niggaz...". It was very intriguing and laud inspiring. No not lawd, or lord, but laud. Oh lawdy. (That's meant to be comic/ironic/sarcastic.)

Me


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For your info (Concerning games on Apple computers):
There are game publishers that take Windows software and make Mac versions of it.

For instance, http://www.macsoftgames.com/ provides Mac versions of Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology, Civilization III, and Tropico: Mucho Macho Edition.
And another one, http://www.aspyr.com/ provides the Sims and SimCity4 among others.

They can be purchased at places such http://www.maczone.com/