Thursday, August 26, 2004

Doodads

It's sunny but cool out. I gotta get my bottom in gear and clean out Soot's litter. Not just scoop it out but I have to scrub it and wash it with soap. Not the best thing to having a cat, but all the good things make up for the chores. I was thinking the other day, "hmm, when I have kids I'll have to clean bottoms and teach them how to clean themselves when time comes. Am I up to that task?" I wasn't wondering if I were good enough to raise good kids but whether I would be able to teach them how to clean and wipe themselves. heh. It's a step at a time. Clean bums clean thoughts? hehe

Mike started classes yesterday. I hope he does well in school. I was trying to talk him into getting a computer camera so I could "see" how he is, but I think that idea is shut down. heh. Oh dear.

Oh the olympics are coming to a close and I just have to say that I'm a tad mad at their non-stop swimming coverage. I don't care for swimming. I'd rather watch track and field and some of the ones they don't show on the regular network, like trampoline and fencing (go left handedness!) and archery. Alright I got nothing else to say!

I'm enjoying "Life of Pi".

Alright, I figured if I said it I'd start to believe it! Positivity! A few weeks ago, on Trading Spouses, there was a mom who went to live in the Berkshires (she was from Cali) and she was, I hate to say it, but "typical Californian" (not typical hollywood) and into positivity. And I was totally impressed on how she watched what the other woman's kids liked and went out of her way to place them in a path that would show them that they could do what they put their minds to. For example, she knew that the son loved to eat and cook and so she went out to lunch with him and had the chef of the restaurant show him in the kitchen how to cook it and let the son cook his meal. heh. Ya know what I mean! And the kid really liked it. I gotta run!

Have a wonderful day!

Me