Thursday, August 05, 2004

"Funny Ha Ha?"

I was wondering the other day how a lot of people say that they want a guy with a "good sense of humor", but then when you think about it what they really want is a guy with the same sense of humor that they have. Many people have a sense of humor but many humors don't match up. Some people find fart jokes something to roll around on the floor for while others just titter politely and find sarcastic "witty" humor funnier. Now what I wonder is, do couples adapt to the others' sense of humor as they get into a relationship? Let's take my relationship as an example... Rich and I do share a horde of things that we both find very amusing but then there are things that he finds extremely hilarious and I just smile at... however, the longer I've lived with him I've noticed that some things that were once not so funny are now funnier. Like the Stern show. Once upon a time I found it to be disgusting and not to my taste but Rich thought it was funny, however during that strange time between consciousness and dreamland the radio would play on and I came to expect it in the mornings (of course if got better when Artie came along...). There are other things that I use to find as not so funny that I've grown to think are funnier now... and I'm sure it's the same with him.

What's the point of this post? I have no idea. All I know is that I have some salmon waiting to be grilled and I must run. If I think of anything I'll post an addendum. ta-ta for now darlings.

Me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah, I pretty much think the same crap is funny that I always did. I think I enlightened you to what males find funny is all. You now find a lot of male humor funny but not all. I don't think women are all that funny so I don't have any place to grow where men are hilarious and so you had that room to grow. Although, I would say I finally understand and can relate do "relationship" humor. damn that last chris rock special was funny.

Michelle said...

women aren't that funny? you need to learn respek!

Anonymous said...

last i saw yo momma was pretty funny...
funny looking.

Anonymous said...

word, but Ali G is a man.
and to #2, suck my diggity dong darlin.

Anonymous said...

Here is the funniest cartoon I've seen in a while... read it, its a hoot... http://www.mises.org/TRTS.htm