Thursday, February 10, 2005

In Addition...

Happy Muslim New Year!!! It is actually Muharram, Islamic Year 1426!
Seems everyone's fasting.

Oh and for those of you who have no idea why people place ashes on their foreheads (or in my case, what looked like a charcoal smudge coming out of my drawing class) and where it ever stemmed from... here's an article from wikipedia. The divine source for knowledge. heh. Ooh don't forget it's that time of year! Fish Fridays!! Yay! I love fish. hehe. I don't think you're supposed to take it like that. It should be more like "Fish Friday. But it's for the good of our souls." I can't consider that fasting if you eat more fish than any other meat, and you enjoy it. Ew, remember the fishsticks they use to serve in our parochial school cafeterias? It would be breaded and fried to a lovely golden color but the fish on the inside was gray and tasted nothing like fish.

Oh and not like it's "fasting" it's really in remembrance of "Good Friday" the day Jesus was crucified. One more article, to clear things up, or just make you think.

Whatever the reason, I like to have a day specified for when I can eat fish because I can never get enough of it and I can never remember to buy some to eat. I can't believe swordfish was actually being sold at $15/lb and I still had to cook it. Good grief. I can't buy it on Fridays because I'd be competing with F.F. Christians. I'd have to buy it on Saturday when it's a day old and much cheaper. ew. heh.

Day late and a dollar short.
Have a nice day!

Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your site! Please write more! More! More!

Anonymous said...

I agree. It is grrreaatt!!

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »