Saturday, February 05, 2005

Beautiful Noise

I had fun with George's and Mike's lyric guessing that I decided to do a shortened version of it. However, I do not own an ipod so I just put my itunes on shuffle and used the first seven songs.

Before I start, I think it's interesting that it depends on what mood I'm in when I choose my favorite "lines" from the song. For example, I'm listening to "Accidentally In Love" by the Counting Crows, and if I were in a sad mood I probably would have said my favorite line was "These lines of lightning mean we're never alone, never alone no no" but today I'm feeling good so I'd pick "Well baby I surrender to the strawberry ice cream never ever end of all this love".

So for those who don't know how it goes I'm supposed to pick my favorite lyrics from the first (seven) songs I hear on shuffle and have you all guess what the songs are. If you get it right I'll put that song in italics so everyone knows when someone guessed it right. Don't be greedy, let everyone have a chance with it. Especially since I only have seven.

Here they are:
1. "been around the world and found
that only stupid people are breeding
the cretins cloning and feeding"

2. "No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes"

3. "I dont wanna stop just because
people walkin'by watchin'us
I dont give a damn what they think
I want you now"

4. "Left alone with big fat fanny
She was such a naughty nanny
Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me"

5. "I come lookin' for a job,
But I get no offers,
Just a come-on from the whores on 7th Avenue.
I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there"

6. "They had a hi-fi phono, boy, did they let it blast
Seven hundred little records, all rock, rhythm and jazz
But when the sun went down, the rapid tempo of the music fell"

7. "Pride can stand a thousand trials,
the strong will never fall
But watching stars without you,
my soul cried."

Have fun. heehee.
Me.

Okay, okay, I gave you all a break. You all sorta got the song.
Yes, number one has that line paranoia, paranoia and is sung by Harvey.
#2 is King of the Road not choad... (Roger Miller) I got it after that red-headed kid sang it on American Idol. haha.
#4 is Fat-bottomed Girls (not churls) by Queen. 'Cause they're gonna let it all hang out.
#6 is by Chuck Berry and it does say "c'est la vie" right before "you can never tell" which is the actual title. I got that off the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.
#7. Yes, it is by Des'ree, woman of deep voice and it is called "Kissing You" off of the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack. One of my favorite songs in the whole of this world. She also sang "You gotta be".

Any one for number 5 and 3?