Monday, February 14, 2005

First Time, Ever I Saw Your Face

This is a love story.
Come on, it's Valentine's Day.
I will give you this, it has nothing to do with a romantic encounter with Rich.

Listen already...

I was taking a class called "Women In Art and Literature" and it was a combination class, both for Women's Studies and psychology. I was finishing my minor in psychology and decided that this class would be interesting to take because it would have a psychological spin to it, meaning I'd be learning about 'crazy' women or how men can make them seem crazy. Now that's a good premise for a love story...

To make this part of the story shorter, I was consistently grouped up with the same set of girls and we became acquainted and one of them told me that her cat was about to have kittens and since she couldn't keep all of them would we be interested in taking one.

Well this required much forethought and planning on my part. I immediately said 'yes!' and that was the deal.

I told Rich about the plan and though he expressed some hesitation, it's very hard for him to say no to my pretty little beatings.

My friend came to me and told me that most of the cats were given to various family members but there was one left. A short-haired, grey cat. Perfect. I said yes, and since I could only get it eight weeks later, our class had already finished and I had to pick her up sometime in June. I thought the appropriate place for me to pick it up was on the catwalk, in front of the library.

So one, hot day in June, I fell in love. My friend came to the catwalk, but she was not carrying a kitten in her hands. Instead she held a tissue box and out from the little hole came the sweetest little head. The creature inside looked up at me and said, "mew!" as if to say, "let's go!"

Since then she's been with us for three years and it's been three years of love and companionship with a few bites and scratches along the way. Her fourth birthday is next month. woohoo. We're throwing her a party and taking a trip down to Florida. heh.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Me.

P.S. There's a new poll up!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is adorable!!! I couldn't help but smile. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

The final words of the dog show judge about the winner:
"There is something about this bitch that is really spectacular."
The German short-hair dog won. It had a brown head and a white with brown speckles body.

Anonymous said...

What a great site loud muffler nissan titan south beach hotel miami beach Best western geelong motor inn serv apartments austin motel 6 hotel rates malpractice lawyer and manhattan new york Dealer dodge idaho in http://www.oil-filter-in-a-2002-mazda-mpv.info/list-of-motels-efficiencies-outer-banks-nc.html