Monday, July 21, 2003

You ever have that feeling that someone is looking over your shoulder, reading your every thought, watching your every movement, reading your every blog? hmm...We went biking today, and on our way back, to the car, Rich and I were alarmed to see a trooper waiting in the midst of the trees, we just found out that some dude who supposedly raped a 15 year old girl is hiding out in the woods. A friend of the family, who is a cop, was just in the park, with dogs, hunting for him. Rich and I decided that we'd put off riding bikes tomorrow. Not because of this dude, but because of the the troopies/locals...and because there's a chance of rain. That means mosquitoes. We went into that abandoned building section of the park and were scared out of our wits. For some reason I turned back and caught this darkness seemingly chasing after us. Rich was far ahead of me and I was struggling with the steep uphill climb. I sweated to the climb and to the ominous feeling of something following me. I called to "Dems" to wait up but the wind carried my voice farther back and he kept peddling farther and farther, around bends and down hills until I could just make out the white speck of him in the horizon. Behind me I heard an unearthly howl and I finally sucked it up and let go of all fears and the brakes and sped down hills, with reckless abandonment. Suddenly from somewhere on my right a huge figure out of the corner of my eye emerged from the woods. A blur of black and white, galloping after me. I turned just in time to see the fangs of a rabid collie behind me. From somewhere inside me a scream or prayer burst free and that stopped the dog in mid-track. I blindly pedaled into the grassy area and came to a stop. The dog bounded up barking and ready to attack but I realized it was just trying to be friendly and licked my hand...was this the dark beast following me? Or was it my savior?
Me

No comments: