Tuesday, July 22, 2003

New post, new post. Sometimes I find myself heading out of the house with some purpose in mind and driving out into the street and everything's so surreal. The streets, the people, the leaves and grass, the greenery, very dreamlike and I start to wonder what the heck I'm doing outside, what the purpose of this existence is and is this foggy mind a sign of some other purpose, other than the menial task I had set out to do, like check my mail, the curtain covering the reality just happened to shift and I am in caught in the blur of the two present times mingling in one another? It's perfect isn't it? The invisible air, colliding or gathering together? to create this wind that surges through the trees and rattling the leaves, ruffling the birds' feathers, sleeping within. The waves are pulled, their ebb and flow controlled by the moon's gravitational pull. The clouds who are moved by this air, colliding or gathering together to create thunderstorms, one mass above us seemingly solid but in reality it's just air, untouchable. And we, at times gather, at times collide to create these thunderstorms of war or rebellion or demonstrations, of parties and gatherings, with one another, against one another, pulled and pushed by forces we cannot see and yet we react just as blindly as the trees, and clouds and feathers. And it all depends doesn't it? It depends where I am for the wind to blow, to be affected. If I were to stand outside the wind doesn't blow through me, but rather above and below and around me, and anything behind me may not feel this air, this force. If I were on the side of the earth where the moon is directly above me then it's high tide. It depends on the path where the clouds are forced where they experience the thunderstorm. I once looked across the ocean and saw the coming thunderstorm from the sunshine under which I stood. It depends whether we war or love, whether we don't give a damn and whether we care what the heck happens to the guy next to us. But for some reason we have drawn away from this simple human emotion of empathy and have wandered into indifference. But it fits, yes? It's perfect. We are but a blink in the world's history and this path that we are following will only lead to our self-destruction because the world/ nature does not need us. We will be like the all those that came before us, in some ways destructive to the world around us and self-destructive. Do you imagine that they perhaps thought themselves as the ruler of the world? "top of the food-chain"? We are dispensable, we do only stand in the way of nature's cycle. We do not do as we should and follow instinct but rather we fight it and believe ourselves to be all-knowing, better, smarter, stronger than that which has been here longer than we have, and who will still be here once we are gone. It's beautiful, in some ways a poetic justice.
Me

No comments: