Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I feel as if I've been wrung out and hung to dry still twisted up. I'm sore and everything seems so heavy! This is what I get for ignoring my exercising for the past few months! It's terrible! Sunday night, after biking, I could not sleep, it felt as it my knee tendons were wrenched tight and whenever I shifted in bed it was worse because this pain would flair up and if I left my legs still it would abate but you know how it is when you're really conscious of some part of your body, you just have to keep moving and moving around! ugh! I woke up in the middle of the night to go wee-wee and I almost fell into a heap! My legs would not support me! hmm, I am out of shape! But the next morning I was up and about as if the night before was all a dream...so i was fooled into thinking that I was well and I immediately went with Rich to purchase bikes! Mine is free because of a deal, but I wont get into that. After running around to three stores and back to the second one we bought two bikes and added on a car rack for my car and so that we could plop up the bikes, helmets and a very impatient mother. Rich and I were made fun of because of our height and our kiddy bikes. No one understands that I am not wonderful on a bike so if my feet can touch the ground with my bike I feel much more secure, and the higher up on a bike I am the more I will refuse to ride, so we ended up with these nice, full suspension, closer to the ground, blue bicycles, only to the amusment of the walmart employee who laughed at our cowardice and the fact that we are vertically challenged. Damn, no wonder tall people are much more successful. Don't get me wrong, I'm average girl height but Rich is only two inches taller so that's not saying much, but he's just a cutie like a little chihuahua barking and barking showing off to the bigger dogs... haha just kidding. So we rushed home to set up the rack, grab some lunch, make sure the bikes were to our specifications and tightened a few lugs. And we were off to the park and when we got there we biked a few minutes in when my knee gave up its strong front and I have one question, did they put on hills in the middle of the night from the day before because we traversed some of the same roads and it seemed much more hilly! So before we could get to a destination I had to beg that we head back, only to be imparted with condescencion from my sweet chihuahua, words of "my poor, little, weak thing" and such. Horrible! I have not yet told him how I feel over that. So to home and some salmon and pesto and ice cream. Much better, although I didn't hurt as much as the night before I woke less refreshed and more wrenched and wrung. I am also emitting some sort of smell that's both sour and spicy, no wonder mosquitoes are fascinated by me, like a beacon that searches out passing ships I draw them all to safe harbor. Rich has a similar smell so I don't know who passed it around, chicken and egg sort of conundrum. We decided that our poor bodies: my knee and forearms and his bum needed some recuperation so perhaps a day off hunting out some gel seats. Perhaps a movie to stimulate our mind muscles instead of our gluts. haha see y'all soon. Be good!

Me

No comments: