Sunday, July 13, 2003

My parents have been to see me. They arrived yesterday and stayed overnight and left this morning. I cooked and cooked only to have them pass by where I live and stay for a few measly seconds, note that my dad stayed in the car! I finally sent Mike out with some crab soup in a bowl for him. My brother and I went to watch the silly movie, 28 days later, all I have to say is "don't" then we went swimming in a 78 degree pool, chilly, due to the fact that a few days before it was raining and cold. It was 84 last week. My mother had fun walking on the beach that night and in the morning was walking with Mike at 6 and she was happily digging clams out. When I finally came to say goodbye she was giddy over the size of the clams. (She returned them). I packed them all the food I had cooked and sent them off, having forgotten the poor crab cakes that I had to eat this morning. It was tasty but for some reason they wont hold together. After the send off Rich and I spent some of the morning eating and working with knots, (Rich having just recently bought a knot book). Then we fixed my break lights on my car because they were out and then we decided to head over to a state park near by. Of course I brought my camera and we drove over top speed...we reached it and found a little info hut and some maps that we quickly pocketed. After having made fun of the helmets that the bikers were wearing we headed to see the famous fresh water spring only to have it turn out to be three faucets on the wall of a little shack...we then had the brilliant idea of bringing his parents' folding bicycles back to the park and go biking around. So another trip back and forth and we were ready to ride these brilliant little clown bikes. It was wonderful!! I was bitten none stop by species of bugs I had never laid eyes on and one actually tried to lay its eggs in my eye. We went around for three hours on trails that wound throughout the forest and finally made our way back and home. I immediately fell into a dreamless sleep and awoke two hours ago with a horrible soreness in my legs and arm having not been exercising for the past few months! I am in pain! hahaha. was it worth it? Of course! Rich and I are even inspired to perhaps purchase bicycles. He looked into some decent, relatively cheap bikes that maybe we'll eye tomorrow. Why have we never been to this park in the 5 years that I lived here? It's almost right across the street! oh dear. well I'll see y'all soon and take care.

Me

No comments: