Sunday, January 01, 2006

"I do not know what still awaits,
Or what the morrow brings;
But with the glad salute of faith,
I hail its open wings!..."

Happy new year everyone!

I spent mine at work, for alas, I worked until midnight. However, at five minutes to midnight we all gathered ourselves with cups of sparkling cider and stepped out onto our balcony area and watched the fireworks, counted down to the new year and watched and heard even more fireworks. It was wonderful and the first time I had ever had to work for new year's eve.

I know I'm an optimist but it looks like this year will be so much better than the last. I'm glad last year was over, it was too much for me. Last year brought drama, confusion, busyness without organization. Stirred it too much. It looks as if this year will be quieter and more prosperous, and more stable. My old bones can't handle it. haha.

Welcome 2006!

Me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year.

i can see that you may *wish* for this new year to be all those things you described. but you said it *looks* like this year will be those things. what about it looks like it will be quieter and more prosperous and more stable?

Michelle said...

i wish it but i also foresaw it in the fact that the first ten minutes of my new year i hit no traffic, got all green lights and got to see four separate firework shows in one night. Looks like this year's going my way.

Anonymous said...

ah i see, that makes sense now. you need to give that kind of info for the pessimists in the bunch.

Anonymous said...

did you ever see this?
http://www.stuffonmycat.com/