Friday, January 13, 2006

"I Think I Have Big Arm Disease"

I've always thought of myself more as a geek than a beauty and when posed with the question of which I'd rather be: beautiful and stupid or smart and ugly; as with a lot of questions it depends on the day, but I think 6 out of 10 times I'd rather be beautiful and stupid.

My "geekiness" fluxuates. I've been so awesome in my smartness that I've amazed myself at how much common sense/facts stored up/overall ability to put things together I've amassed throughout the years, I've actually snorted when I laughed and pushed my glasses up at the same time. Then there are days when John Kerry's name evades me. I know him but I foget his name. Duh.

My "beauty" fluxuates as well. I've been told by complete strangers that I'm actually beautiful and I've been told that I was not so by Leeny's ex's sister (whose name is my name too). This is how she put is, "Ate, you're not so beautiful, you've got more like 'the girl next door' look." Wha?? I know she didn't mean it as a compliment.

I've met beautiful/gorgeous women who are so damned smart I didn't understand half the stuff they're saying, and some of them are in my family, so compared to my family I'm neither smart nor beautiful.

Don't you ever feel like killing them?

Have a good weekend.

Me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as a male in the modern age, it would be better to be smart and geeky. Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Jeff Bezos, Steve Wozniak, Bill Joy, Larry Page and many others.

Some have retired young and are starting companies that are in the commercial space travel business for example.

a good looking male does not seem to get you far these days. the best you can hope for is to be an actor for a short period and sit on your ass and pine for the old days once it is over.

and for women, a beatiful one usually marries a good looking man who then cheats on her. An okay looking women marries a smart geek and is set for life.

logically then, you should choose to be an okay looking geek girl.

(the above started these companies: Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Sun, Google)

Michelle said...

well then I guess I'm set for life huh? haha