Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Catcalls

If I don't blog for several days it's because my brother's in town and I will be the slave once more and do all I can to entertain him. haha. Then off to work after that.

Our cat woke us up last night crying and crying and I still can't figure out what was the matter. She had plenty of food in her dry food bowl this morning and I'm pretty sure she didn't have a nightmare because I think she was up and about and not on her sleeping perch and I had just changed her litterbox, so I don't think she had an issue with that. She hardly makes a sound let alone a cry and it went on for a while. We tried calling her over to jump on the bed but she went on making a high-pitched, desperate sounding howl.

She seemed fine this morning, except of course the exterminator's doorbell ring was an unforeseen challenge.

I worry about her and I wonder what I can do to make her later adult years not so stressful. I know it'll be harder for her to accept change, just like any senior, and I know movement will become harder on her. We try to keep her weight at a healthy place and she's still active (on the cold days).

I don't know if she gets enough attention, because some days when I come home from work she's at the door ready to see me and I feel guilty for not having enough time with her. She and I have a special bond. I love her to pieces and she is my dark grey familiar (cat familiars are said to be black), her role is to be my healer and guardian.

We have several years left with her and hopefully we'll treat her well and she'll grow old gracefully.

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meow