Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ulam (Food)

I have a craving for garlic fried rice, the way my mom makes it. Does your mom/dad make it for you? You know, leftover rice sauteed in garlic and oil, served with Pinoy-style omelette with scallions inside and maybe some fresh diced tomatoes, scallions, onions on the side and some fried, salty, dried fish or even fresh fish. Now that's breakfast. Sometimes the fish would be substituted with Vienna sausages 'cause you don't want the whole school smelling that strong fish aroma on ya. Ka hiya. (How shameful.)

I don't have any fish, scallions, vienna sausages but I have leftover white rice that comes with Chinese food orders and garlic, I also have some eggs. But knowing me I'd probably make it too oily. Now if only I had a recipe...

Oh I'd kill for some of those sweet sausages, Langonisa. I'm gonna have to drive over to the local Vietnamese store.

Me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, she never made rice since she hated rice because her babysitter used to force feed it to her or something. if you're talking breakfast, i had either cereal, bagels with cream cheese, english muffins, or eggo waffles.

Anonymous said...

speaking of registry,

amazon registry