Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sunshine Superman

As a kid I totally believed that once I reached puberty my mutant powers would burst forth and I'd find out about it by being at some friend's party and playing seven minutes in heaven and realizing that the geek I was kissing in the closet was dead because I had sucked out his life force.

Yep, that's the kind of powers I had imagined I had. I was going to be "Widow Maker" or "Black Widow" or "Siren" something sweet like that. Of course I would be somewhat evil because I would have been turned from "normal" society and ridiculed and maybe persecuted. But I'd be mad sexy, provocative, and irrisistible. (Something that a geeky, chubby girl fantasizes about.) And then I'd go around killing men, not only through my deadly powers, but through breaking hearts as well.

Sometimes I think that by marrying I am truly fulfilling my childhood fantasies.

Me.

P.S. If you've received your save-the-dates for my wedding and go to the website, we're not really registered at Bloomingdale's. I'll try to update that asap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah that sounds like a woman's role in marriage to me.

Anonymous said...

i had hoped i had super powers too - or else adopted and my "good" parents would come and get me sometime.

Anonymous said...

I love your style of blogging. I feel like I'm reading a published memior or something.

I think sometimes that I'd like to shapeshift, as a once chubby, now oddly deformed guy fantasizes about.

I'd be driven by some strong desire to reach an unreachable standard of attractiveness. Eventually, you wouldn't be able to resist my sexiness and I'd die uglier than how I was without my powers.

But luckily, I'm just weird. Hmm, is the "big" wedding making you all excited?

Michelle said...

Hey Chris, long time no see!

Yah, I love reading my blog too. haha

I guess the effect of "memoir"ness comes from the fact that most of the books I read are memoir-esque.

Shapeshifter, probably my second choice, but that changes everyday.

Yes, I'm totally excited about the big wedding, and now that I have only 6 months left (exactly, yesterday) my new year's resolutions are clear, but I wont go into that now.

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

Speaking of memoir, have you read running with scissors? If you have i'd suggest reading Magical Thinking. That book was...well a good bathroom book because the chapters really didn't connect as much as scissors or dry did. The book Dry kinda starts off a little slow for me and well... a little dry.

Anywho, yeah. That's it