Saturday, March 19, 2005

Smidgeons

Hey all! First off, tomorrow is the first day of Spring! Yay!

Second, I got the pictures Julie! Thanks soo much and happy belated birf-day to your dad! I've never been to Houston's but I'll have to try it, sound yummy. I loove steaks. I'm sending you a quick card with my Florida address enclosed!

Third, Mike I'm sending you something thru the mail, to your school. It's really really cool. heh. Okay, maybe not that cool but I felt bad that I don't send you enough stuff so there ya go.

Fourth, we only have one full week left and then a handful of days after that in this house. eh. I just want it over with. The biggest concern is the driving down especially with a cat who will be cooped up in a box in the back of the car. We had to buy a smaller litter box although I doubt that such a traumatic trip will encourage her to use the bathroom as we go upwards of 60 miles an hour. First "stop over" will be at the Pallisades Mall. Rich's parents will stop there while he and I take my car back home in Yonkers.

Fifth, I've been taking this time to say "adieu" to the familiar places close by. I spent a few mornings sitting in the car looking out the windshield at Nantasket Beach, where Rich and I spent the last dying days of summer together, in year 1. It was too cold to step out but all the old people did not seem to mind as their hoods and hair was whipped from their heads by the wind. I tried to go to the local park where we used to go jogging but they were fixing the road by it and I couldn't get through. Then we went over to UMass on St. Paddy's Day to find it empty, which was auspicious (hehe, I love that word). So we took our time whilst I walked it once more. There was a poor little bird that was stuck on the catwalk and we tried our very best to situate it where it could get out but only managed to chase it as far as the science building, where it flew into the "rafters" and settled there.

So that's what has been going on. Still haven't posted up my Igloo story yet. hmm. We'll see about that! Okee gotta go.

Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GIT R DONE!! That's so sweet... saying your goodbyes to all those sentimental spots. What igloo story?