Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Paddy's Day!


Hey all! Since I'm too lazy to post anything substantial about me life (said with an Irish lilt) I figured you'd gladly accept a link or two about the origin of St. Patrick's Day. So here ya go, ya lucky bastards!
Did you know that the first parade was held in New York? The first ever parade!! Don't believe me, click here.
Did you know that St. Patrick really didn't banish all the snakes out of Ireland? You don't? Well click here for more info!

And now I'll leave you all with this:

May the leprechauns be near you,
To spread luck along your way.
And may all the Irish angels,
Smile upon you on St. Patrick's day.

For more info on leprechauns, click here and here.

Oh and the joy of spring! Only three days til it is officially spring!! (March 20th at 7:33 in the morning, or so my local weather guy tells me).

Top o' the morning to ya,
Me.