Monday, March 14, 2005

'Missus' Mistakes

I have been driving Rich's car around. I tell myself that it's because I'm the "missus" now but really it's because I will be the one doing the bulk of the driving down to Florida and am familiarizing myself with driving it so that I'm at ease. 28 hours of driving needs getting used to. heh.

Well this morning, on my regular jaunt to the supermarket, I came out of the store and scanned the parking lot for the familiar contours of 'Puddles', my pristine white Corolla. (Her full name is Puddle Jumper so bequeathed by Rich's mom before she ever laid eyes upon her glorious magnificence). I stood there, literally for a full two minutes with the slow rising panic that comes at the thought that some maniac had stolen my precious Puddles.

Then I caught sight of a dirty, green Stratus, whose sides were embellished with the scars of kicked up salt and thought with opposing feelings (relief and sadness) that yes, I was driving Rich's car. I marched past the dirty green Stratus to his, somewhat cleaner, darker version. I have to get used to the idea that I wont be with my car for long and that she will be returning to the place from whence she came.

In addition, there are other things that I have to get used to as well. Like the idea that I will have familiarize myself with new routes and destinations, and most likely will be able to walk them instead of drive there. New places to go, new house address and zip code to remember, new phone number to learn, new people to meet and get annoyed with, new clothes (because I will be in shorts, most likely) new house, new bathroom, new set of keys, possibly new license, new paths, new experiences. I've done it all before... wait, so what's new again?

I'll be working on my 'Igloo' Short Short story. Will post it someday...

Be good.
Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your upcoming move sounds exciting. It must be nice to travel and start fresh in a new place. I've been stuck in my hometown forever and hope to get out and never come back. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

click for amusing word-play

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Moldova amateur Camp wayne for boys + summer jobs asian pinup tattoo Drugstore moisturizers Anal bump