Saturday, March 26, 2005

Jagged Little Chill

So, remember my "Palm Sunday" story? Well this Thursday (Good Thursday) I went with my husband and mother-in-law to the dump, to help 'dump' a few things... I picked up an old 14 lb weight that we were stacking in the "swap" area and felt this intense, sharp pain in the thumb as it slipped across the face of the weight. I took a look at my thumb and saw that it was spotted with a perfect globule of blood. I immediately thought it was a splinter because that's what it felt like. I reported it to Rich and my monster er mother-in-law and she handed me a towelette and bandaid.

When we got home Rich pulled out his tweezer set and set to work as I sat on the toilet, hand over sink, head between arms and trying not to flinch everytime he probed too deeply. But after a while of little explosions of pain, mingled with relief, I was ready to take the tweezers and jab someone's eye out. I told him to leave it and we decided that there probably wasn't anything there since we didn't spot anything. We even tried to numb it with ice, so that he could open up the flaps of skin and reach deeper in.

Cut to the next morning, a few minutes after getting out of bed I felt jab of pain in my thumb. This time I grabbed it with my right thumb and forefinger and using my nail I slowly worked it over just above the area, back and forth until I saw a little sliver of something pop out. I placed it on the tip of my nail and saw that it was a jagged piece of glass. I knew it. Little bastard. Now my thumb no longer hurts and I wont have a repetition of my Palm Sunday.

Yep, I'll post something after this one, just to make up for lost time.

Me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

and a new poll too... booch

Anonymous said...

for those that might enjoy... long play of Bacon cheddar ranch

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
family health insurance gmat course current hardware recommendations for web servers

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work mt arlington call centers girls peeping their pants Shampoos incorporating neem and lice Motherhood maternity apparel Free 2000 toyota 4runner wiring schematic Cleaning dishwashers of lime deposits