Wednesday, March 02, 2005

"Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering."

In exactly two hours and twenty minutes I will be standing in front of a judge and declaring my intent to wed a man. It seems so out of body-esque. I feel as if I were watching it all progress from so far away. This morning we traveled up to Queens and ordered a "wedding cake" from a little Filipino bakery. We also had breakfast. I think I was more excited over getting tocino than looking over the wedding cake pictures and choosing which design I wanted.

On the way I told my mom not to cry at the wedding and she exclaimed, "cry? Why should I cry? I will be laughing and saying 'finally she is out of my hands!'" She's just so sweet.

Please forgive the above quote. I should end it a tad romantically, if not nicely. I am on PMS and even my wedding cannot break the vicious, skepticism it brings. But I shall try my best to keep it up though I am in the mood for throwing things and crying as if my heart has broken.

Today I feel as if I am in the midst of a page being turned and I am anxious to see what lays beyond and anxious that I may forget what had come before.

Here's and end quote, wish me luck, congratulations etc. etc. etc. and forward my presents to the address below.

"We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out at the future together." Brian Andres

The former Ms. Michelle Hellegood.