Saturday, June 28, 2003

Today: It is not as hot nor humid as the past few days. I have enjoyed a lovely siesta and have awoken refreshed. I am currently reading A Severed Head by Iris Murdoch. For anyone who has ever seen the movie "Iris" she is the same author of the book I'm reading. She died in 1999 and had suffered from Alzheimers disease. She has written 26 novels, a few plays and a book of poetry. The book is, so far, good reading. I have finished with The Sun Also Rises and funnily enough I must edit my "boring" review from a few blogs ago. It was great, sad and funny. I laughed at one point and was endeared the rest of the way. It's about how the only person who can be in your way to anything is yourself. Jake was the one who would not let himself get closer to Brett and could not see how much she had wanted to be with him, if you disagree, just read the last two pages. After A Severed Head I will be moving on to other books. Perhaps I will read three of four simultaneously. It's more interesting that way. I still haven't finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy which I had put down one day and have not had the chance or mind to pick it up. Don't get me wrong, it was great, (I am on the 2nd book) but I just had other things to do and it got lost in the muddle. So I will have to add that to the mix. Right now I am hungry and must get something to tide me over til supper and then back to reading. I have other issues to deal with so maybe I'll see y'all tomorrow? I dunno, let's see if i'm really here.

Me

No comments: