Friday, June 27, 2003

Another hot hot day, but as always it's not the heat... The month of June is drawing to a close and I am sitting here in my room typing my life away. I should be off doing wonderful things, perhaps traveling the world or some such. Maybe I'll talk my brother into the peace corp and live vicariously through him. I must warn anyone who wants the slightest bit of freedom to never get into a relationship, it's tough to do things individually, everything is a compromise, everything must be thought of with the other in mind. That may sound good to those who've never experienced this but it's really quite bothersome in some respects. I really have no right to get up and go anywhere I please for a few months. And then I tighten the bonds even more so by adding a cat into the mix. I love them both but someone has to give you all the pros and cons of a life like this (very similar to marriage), in a way it is marriage without the paper...anyway Rich and I are dreaming of Europe, Italy, for the specific, and tried to disillusion one another from even thinking of it. I said, "oh it's gonna be like Martha's Vineyard, we're not rich enough to know where all the "right" spots are" and he agreed saying, "yeah, walking around someone's neighborhood and only seeing the shanty towns, like those college kids who backpack around Europe." Which was true. Rich and I "backpacked" around MV and consequently Rich got a sunburn and we were sore at the bad food they had at shanty town, also we didn't know where we were going and had to hike and hike everywhere. Although there were some good moments it's not something I'd like to do over. And so if we were to imagine europe to be this way it would be ten times worse because we would be lost in a foreign country that most likely would not have people who speak english. P.S. i dont want to go where the tourists are but then those are the only spots to be huh? is everything else shantyville? I do want to see the "sights" but I'd also like to see where the upper class live. haha Well if i wanted that I should have found a rich guy and not someone named Rich. oh well, so is life, and everything is fine.
Me

No comments: