Friday, June 20, 2003

damn i love the summer. (tomorrow is the official beginning of summer). I have a horrible rash on my calf. (see previous entry) or it could just be a mosquito bite...outside the propane is being twisted into life and there's a lovely smell of meat fat dripping into the waiting tongues of flame. (sorry any vegetarians and vegans out there). I'm reading The Sun Also Rises and should be done by Monday, although it's sorta dragging. After that is Harry Potter book 5 and after that is the severed head. I'm also simultaneously reading The Confederacy of Dunces and after all that I think I'll read Memoirs of a Geisha, or is it just Geisha? And then....Girl With A Pearl Earring. Mmmhmm that's why I like the summer. My blue fish seems to be doing better, however this could be the inevitable period when they seem so well but then suddenly die. He tried to commit suicide the other day when Rich and I cleaned out their tank. We left them in the bathroom in cups, waiting for the water to go through the filter and it went like this: Rich suddenly came into the room and asked, "Michelle, where's the blue fish?" I said, "What? What are you talking about?" (i said this a bit tersely because I don't like being interrupted in the middle of Gun Dealer) and he went into the bathroom and said "come here quick!" and I ran out and saw that he was squatted beside this poor little speck on the floor and I said "hold on lemme git Sooty" (because I'm a sadist and I wanted to have my cat eat the fish on the floor) but suddenly Puff-a-gill leaped into the air and Rich quickly placed him into his cup and filled it with water and we rushed him into his tank. But he didn't seem to be eating for days and just seemed lethargic but suddenly he's been eating his food and swimming around. I even caught him puff-a-gilling Fancy Fins. (They're blue and red beta fish). look it up. Hey did y'all know that life is a m-f-er ? But not in the summer! Be good...p.s. what's up with Jewel?
Me