Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Written in textedit, apple's version of notebook

tried to blog this morning but blogger was down so i was unable to do so.

yesterday an idea hit me, for a new novel (or short story, since I seem unable to finish anything long). Well, actually it was a thought that grew into a bigger thought and bam! i had my main character. Now I also have a girl/woman in the works too (my main character being a boy/man) and I know she's to be the love interest, but what I can't figure out is, will she also be the foil, meaning not only will she be his contrast but also the one that keeps him from attaining his end, i.e. villain to my hero. But of course, not in a deliberate way, more of accidental incidents, on both parts really. Gah, it seems too complex and yet I can see it playing out in my mind.

It's a lovely, sweet story about villains and heroes. chances and outcomes.
Well there it is, it will never come into fruition.

Now if only I could get mr. glass and bruce willis out of my head.
Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? (voice getting higher pitched) Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? (voice returns to normal) No, no, you deserve some time off.

Anonymous said...

Stewie (his voice getting progressively higher): Oh I know it hurts now Brian, but look at the bright side: you have some new material for that novel you've been writing. You know...the novel you've been workin' on? You know the the one, uh, you've been workin on for three years? You know the novel. Got somethin' new to write about now. You know? Maybe a, maybe a main character gets into a relationship and suffers a little heartbreak? Somethin' like what... what you've just been through? Draw from real life experience? Little, little heartbreak? You know? Work it into the story? Make the characters a little more three dimensional? Little, uh, richer experience for the reader? Make those second hundred pages really keep the reader guessing what's going to happen? Some twists and turns? A little epilogue? Everybody learns that the hero's journey isn't always a happy one? (Voice returns to normal.) Oh, I look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

I think you mean Apple's version of "Notepad".