Friday, March 10, 2006

Summertime Blues, Heaven and Hell

On my days off and I have nothing better to do than just sit around and have a late breakfast and watch television, I end up longing for a good show to watch, like I Love Lucy, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island, The Golden Girls, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, or even Matlock. Then I get a weird sensation of deja vu. I've done this before. With this deja vu there also came the sensations of intense boredom and relaxation.

Yah, every summer of my life from the time I started going to school. It creeped me out the other day while sitting there with a bowl of food, selecting a channel, trying to find one of those shows and finally stopping on the Cosby Show, the one where Mrs. Cosby had to lose ten pounds for her upcoming reunion. I know all the shows, what happens, and even the lines. It's like some sort of Nick at Night hell where I am forced to watch shows over and over and over. I could be gluttonous and lazy and proud that that's all I had to do today, it was the summertime.

I think there's a run of the Golden Girls, followed by the Nanny. Gotta walk.

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have that in the between-school summers too. i don't really get that anymore since responsibility is forced upon me by outside sources. if i'm resting then i'm not working. if i'm not working then someone will be upset.