Friday, October 28, 2005

Howl-O-Scream

Halloween is in just 3 days. I still have no idea what I want to be and 'though my thoughts on being a lighthouse still throws its beacons at the back of my mind, it just seems too difficult to create my costume. Especially if I'm going to make the day of.

Any plans for Halloween? I'm not doing anything at all except make a costume and pass out candy. This is our first halloween here. There are lots of kids in this neighborhood and perhaps our doorbell will be rung more than a handful of times. In our old house we'd just get about a dozen kids. Luckily I knew how much to give, so by the end of the night we'd only have to eat a few bars. So starts the holidays.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Probably my third favorite after The Annual Great American Smokeout and Mad Hatter Day, which I just celebrated on the 6th.

I hope no one tp's our house. It seems to be a common phenomenon in our neighborhood. Hopefully someone bought the good candy and not the tootsie rolls... dad.

Be safe and don't consume too many sweet treats.

Me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tomorrow is internet day, if you were wondering.

Anonymous said...

Don't diss Tootsie Rolls. You're just jealous you're not that, umm, tootsie or roll-y. Have a good Halloween! - George

Anonymous said...

I agree that tootsie rolls fuggin sug. pseudo-chocolate??? what is up with fake chocolate flavor?? i am a huge chocolate fan and anyone that would make pseudo-chocolate and descrate the noble name of chocolate like that sugs.

I also take delores umbridge with the fact that most candy manufacturers use the cheapest and nastiest chocolate in their candy. Dove chocolates have been the best supermarket-sold chocolates around.

if only snickers was made with high quality ingredients, most people would probably stop eating meat and veggies and concentrate on snickers. as it is now, snickers runs close behind a dog turd in terms of taste.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »