Friday, September 26, 2003

Yes it's been a week and few days since my birthday and there's a funny smell happening outside my window. I suspect a dead little creature, perhaps a squirrel or the poor bunny that i've been feeding lettuce to, or maybe another 'possum. The bunny track seems more plausible because today Rich and I spotted another bunny sitting right by the carcass bush, perhaps looking for its mother. I tried to take pictures of the carcass but could not find where it had hidden itself. I think perhaps one of the neighborhood dogs or cats have found it and injured it and Rich said that it was alive enough to crawl beneath our bush and die therewith. It reeks to high heaven and when I open my window the smell comes crashing into my room. My cat doesn't seem to enjoy it either for she hardly stays at the window for long periods. I left lettuce for the bunny under the bush. However I scared it away by trying to take pictures. The flies have come to congregate by my door and await their maggots to ascend to the skies and follow their ways. And so with death comes life. And so my story ends.

Me

No comments: