Thursday, September 18, 2003

Oh and so my birthday came and went. It was decent. I got tons of stationery from my aunt! four books, not counting the books Mike forgot to send me! 3 CDs..., money, a brand spanking new hand mixer, one book light, a page mark dictionary (that I had fun with last night), 4 cards and two text messages wishing me a good one and one email. Mom woke me up to sing me Happy Birthday over the phone. Yeah i'm cool. haha I also made a birthday cake and due to its gooeyness started to flop on one side and other foods to be included are chicken marsala, marinated chicken wings, tiramisu, crap soup, lumpia filling (cause only Mike eats the wrapper), and slammin' salmon pesto. So we had a little feast, the 3 of us (in actuality it was four). Soot doesn't eat our food. Rich took a few pictures of the cake and the whole ceremony with the blowing and the opening and the eating and cooking and the going to the post office and supermarket. Perhaps I shall post a few for you lucky people out there. All in all twas a good day. Oh and I happened to follow a cake recipe that asked you to drizzle on some raspberry liqueur which I thought was delicious after having a slice but it seemed that two other people found it too alcohol-ish and I left before more people complained, except I must add that Rich had three slices...(1/4 of the cake). And it was a small cake. He claims it was just "to make sure..." I'll leave it to you.

No comments: