Tuesday, February 21, 2006

From The Heavens

A few days ago I told God that I was no longer going to pray to him and that he wasn't helping me through anything and that I didn't need him.

Yesterday, while driving to work, amidst my thoughts of depression and semi-sadness, right down the road where I make a left unto the highway, singing along to Michael Buble's song "Home", I realized that the corner of my eye was trying to relate to me that a certain cloud looked exactly like an "O". So I tore my eyes away from the road and looked up to the northeast side of my windshield. And there it was, a sign from the heavens.

"JESUS LOVES YOU"

I know, I can be spiteful and say something sarcastic about skywriters and uber-religion. But I took it for it's message and won't shoot the messenger. And patched things up with Him. Said a little prayer and drove, with my eyes safely on the road once more. When I arrived at work and walked our little walkway with a nice warm breeze blowing at me I felt a wholeness once more. It was a good day.

Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that is some bad PMS when you even get upset at your personal lord and savior.

Anonymous said...

If you wrote a book, I'd read it just because I like your writing style.

Anonymous said...

If it was written during the PMS times, I wouldn't. But I know you'll erase this since you are on your PMS. You can poke me and poke me but the truth will surface.