Monday, June 06, 2005

Whoa, June already?

I was going to write an end of May "farewell" adding that the beginning of May (the first ten days) is Asian/Pacific American Heritage celebration, and being full of my Asian/Pacific Islander pride... well I celebrated it quietly this year. And in honor of that my family has gone back to the native ground and celebrated with family and friends. Well maybe they didn't go home because of that, I don't think so anyway, but it coincided so I figured I'd throw it in there.

I've been in Florida for exactly 2 months and 4 days... seems longer, and I have yet to taste some decent southern fried chicken. I almost succumbed to the temptation of the KFC several times, and I did eat "fried chicken" from our local grocery store, gross, I know, and it was. Too salty, too greasy and I had to fry it again to get it to that crispy texture I like so much. So every circular that comes around, or commercial, I keep an ear and eye out for any mention for fried chicken. I'm in search of the elusive fried chicken. I can make some decent goods on my own but just the thought of all the work that goes into that, especially in this heat and humidity, makes me sick.

I've been married exactly 3 months and 4 days... seems longer, and I have yet to plan and look into the big wedding. I know several people who would be disappointed if it didn't get done... not counting myself. Eh, so tired. I think I'm getting sick again. I thought I had some good immunity but guess not. Not counting the last and most recent sickness the last time I was sick was several years ago. Stupid Florida and it's damp heat, air conditioned-recirculated air, stuffy buildings and tourists from god knows where, with their foreign sicknesses. It could just be a slight allergy thing but I wont go into details at what I had to hack up this morning and reach in and try to extract from the back of my throat. (Just to let you know it was hard to pull out and gave me the fight of my life, that's right, it was an alien baby pod lodged in there.)

Disgusting. I learned from being a newlywed that my husband, yes girls, take out a paper and pen and jot this down, that men don't want their wives to be disgusting in any repects. I think I've had more talks with Rich, now that we're married, about my burping and other unladylike behavior...
He sure didn't mind "hitting" my "stinky ass" when we weren't married.

I don't need your comments buddy.

Get going and keep walking.
Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »