Friday, June 10, 2005

"I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights"

Toadstools have popped up in our backyard, lovely little snow capped bunches that look as if they were edible that I was tempted to squat down beside the guava bush and pick at one and delight in its imagined sugary, powdery-textured sweetness. But of course I was reminded by some guardian angel that toadstools were poisonous and not to ingest them if I could help myself.

I'm not sure whether rains bring on toadstool, but it is something I will have to look up. Aha, I just looked it up and it (by "it" I mean rain) does bring about toadstools/mushrooms/fungi. As some of you may not know it's rainy season here in Florida, but not only that, we've got a full blown tropical storm making it's way up here. Yup, tropical storm Arlene. Thanks leeny. That should make my drive tomorrow something of an adventure. yay.

The rain makes me drowsy and the humidity makes me grumpy. Imagine going for a 15 minutes jog around the block only to return home slathered in sweat and having the impossible task of drying off when it's like 100% humidity. It takes forever to dry one's hair after a shower as well. Yuck yuck yuck. Well gotta go dry off, all this typing has made me sweat up a storm... on the good side, maybe I'll lose some water weight. Any weightloss is good weightloss. hehe.

Stay safe and dry folks and have a nice weekend all.

Me.