Sunday, June 26, 2005

X-tians

Yesterday someone mentioned to us that it was exactly 6 months until Christmas and that brought on a few cheers and I thought to myself, "well merry X-mas to me". The next thought that came to my mind was "Merry X-mas you X-tian" and I was like, whoa, why didn't the hip people that came up with the snappy catch phrases like "generation next" come up with sayings like "hey i'm a generation x-tian" or something like that. So I was like I'm so cool coming up with that saying, so this morning I was on the pooper I pulled out my favorite brother's present to me one year, "The Pocket Encyclopedia of Aggravation" (because lord knows sometimes when you're on the pooper you're aggravated) and for some reason I found a page that I have never perused before. Yes I know, God works in mysterious ways... even on the bowl. And there, right before my eyes was an explanation of where the "X" from Merry X-mas came from. I'm sure many of you know that X was a Greek symbol for the word "chi" and Christ was known by the symbols for the words "chi" and "ro" (it looks like a "P" intercepting and "X") and in Greek Christ is known as "Xristos". So I'm late in my thinking that I am so cool with coming up with "Xtians" because in the 16th century throughout Europe the use of X to replace "Christ" spread. They even used it for words like christen =xren.

Thanks God for setting me right.
I guess I'll refer to Christopher as Xopher and Christina as Xina.
Jesus X.

Happy day! Day off tomorrow. Staying in bed all day!!!

Have a great rest of the week.
Me.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so "px" would equal "rochi" and so "pix" would somewhat equal "richie". maybe that's too much of a stretch.

"mix" though, whould equal "michi" so you could call yourself "mix bpwn". you'd pronounce "mix bpwn" as "michi brown".

and as an aside, in internet speak, "pwn" is a mis-type of the word "own". and so some might pronounce the written "mix bpwn" as "mix bone"

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

So has Christina Aguilera gotten it wrong? Making it "X-tina"? So it actually should be "X-ina"? Unless she is going for "Christtina."

Anonymous said...

Classic book collection at Amazon for $8000

Anonymous said...

Oh cool. I'm X-topher now? Ehh, just stick to X

Anonymous said...

What a great site
Cromwell four-door handcrafted sink cabinet buy href tramadol tramadolline tblog Massage therpy jobs in scranton pa

Anonymous said...

What a great site Risk factor surveillance Hospital offers online bill payment Obsessed with oral sex Ge malpractice insurance