Friday, July 14, 2006

Hook'd On Fonix

I don't speak tagalog well but I understand it, well mostly. However, I have dreams where I speak tagalog fluently and answer everyone with it.

I just recently had a dream where I was arguing with some woman in a store and I got upset and actually cursed her out in tagalog. That strikes me as odd in two ways, first I don't argue with people and second I don't even know any tagalog curses. It fascinates me that I can jabber away in tagalog in total confidence, as it is I am barely able to communicate. Which reminds me of how Uncle Art, Uncle Lito and my dad sang a song in tagalog, as a serenade and I understood most of it but had some trouble with a few words that are not part of my vocabulary.

When I have the time I will learn tagalog and learn to read it too. I'm terrible with reading the double vowels and what does 'ng' sound like and mean?

Me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

.ng is the Internet country code top-level domain for Nigeria i.e. www.domainNameInNigeria.ng

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

I always thought that "ng" was more like a letter, kinda how ñ used to be part of the spanish alphabet... according to Wikipedia [a good friend of mine] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abakada) ñ is also part of the filipino language... who'da thunk it?

Anonymous said...

have you ever seen Kjeragbolten

Michelle said...

'ng' sounds like nang, such as, 'Kinaumagahan, ang lahat ng tao ay pumunta sa kaniya roon sa templo upang makinig." Lucas 21:38

Anonymous said...

"And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, for to hear him."