Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Whole World Is Conspiring...

To shower me with good thoughts and warm wishes. Thursday's, I always feel, are my lucky days. Not only do I get paid on Thursdays but the realization always hits me that it is a good day because I never work on Thursdays. I get paid and I am not working. It's a great combination.

Two examples of lucky Thursdays:

Today as I was paying for my groceries at the supermarket I swiped my debit card and before I grabbed my receipt the cashier said in awe "wow! you're the first one that that's work on today! My last 6 costumers who've used that machine had to pay over there but it worked for you." I just smiled and said "neat" and went on my way. Then I had a second thought... why not purchase a scratch ticket, just to test this lucky Thursday theory. Well up I went, took the ticket, scratched it and found I won $25, from a two dollar ticket. Sweet. We will be treating ourselves to take out tonight.

Two Thursdays ago I said, "what the hey let's buy a scratch ticket" and did so only to find that I had won $25. Sweet.

And that concludes my essay on why Thursdays are my lucky day. Last Thursday I did nothing special.

Thank you.

Me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and on a Thursday you signed onto AOL for the first time in preparation of meeting your SO the next night on Friday. and it was a thursday that you got your cat, i think. and it was on a Thursday that you moved to your new place of residence. and you were married on a thursday, or something like that. that's weird that so many neat things happened on a Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! 1987 cadillac fleetwood paxil suicide Subaru north america