Monday, August 08, 2005

Halleluiah

So I found out today that I made it into the Christmas Chorus at work. I'm surprisingly enthusiastic. Yes, I know, that should be the norm reaction but then I was having doubts about it because that would mean that I would be spending more time in my working environment than one should sanely have. But then I think of work as school and things done within it's confines but really are outside of the definition of "work" labeled as extra curriculum, such as twirling and glee club. And yet it's hard to shed the idea that it is wrong, that is, the idea of enjoying myself at "work". I'm afraid that I do, however. I've felt part of a little family with squabbles and secrets and behind the back malevolence, but it's also filled with out right jolliness. Everyone likes me (except for two co-s) and I like them back (except for two co's).

Shh, we wont discuss the whos and whats here.

I'm tired. I can't wait for summer to be over. I dislike summer. I wont even give it capitalization in spite. It's drowsy and lumbering and hot and is taking it's lovely time to step out the door and bring some of the coolness and loveliness of Fall. I shouldn't hate summer though, since technically my b-day lands in the summer span but I claim it in the name of Autumn!

Just a month and 9 days until my birthday. And just a month and 15 days until Fall. Halleluiah!

Keep cool.
Me.

P.S. I'm awfully excited to have my family fly down tomorrow. We shall have ourselves a visit. Whoop-de-doo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

summer doesn't mean too much when you live in climate prepared to deal with it. there is air conditioning everywhere and central air in houses.

Anonymous said...

Official baby name popularity search:
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Byte the edge software