Friday, August 12, 2005

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
~ George Burns

And a few wedding details.


So today my family departs from Florida, to return to New York. I've come to realize that I can only take them in dribs and drabs. It's strange how seperately they're good and amusing but put them all together and it takes effort for me to continually stop myself from rolling my eyes or blushing with embarrassment. Now, this is not to say that I am embarrassed of them, it's just that often I find myself in queer and comedic situations when I am with them.

We took tours of the theme parks of Disney and on Wednesday we had lunch with the mothers (Rich, his mom and my mom and I, at the Magic Kingdom), after we viewed the "wedding locations". We are planning on having the wedding in the wedding pavilion, which we saw in rl and I was amazed at how big it was. I've seen pictures, of course, but this was breathtaking and beautiful. Then we went on a little series of trips to look at where we want the wedding held.

More on that at another time. Don't worry, we chose a place to hold it.

Now it is up to you, dear readers, to go out and tell your families of the plans. Rich and I have to choose an officiant, get our clothing and things organized, go to food tastings and cake pickings, settle the guest list, pick out invitations, decide a few things, such as charter buses, and overall get cracking.

The date? June 28, 2006. Please write this down! And if you are coming please choose one of the three Disney hotels that we will have listed on the "please remember the date" papers they will be sending you! It makes it tons easier that way. I am excited and scared, achey and exhausted. The four days that I had off were spent with family, lines and walking, walking and walking, spending a large amount of money on water because I was getting dehydrated after only an hour of walking beneath Florida's intensely vicious sun.

Alrighty, gotta get going. See y'all soon.

Me.


No comments: