Sunday, August 06, 2006

Rewiring

I have apparently lost or never been taught the art of feminine guile and charm. I've been butting heads with Rich and myself, creating a lot of ill feelings for both me and others. It's been an ongoing thing these years, stemming from childhood.

Mom and Dad would both shake their heads sadly and say I just didn't know how to manipulate people, or I didn't know how to be a 'politician' (mom's words) and would tell me to go over to someone and say 'oh auntie so and so that is a very nice dress you're wearing' and in some way make nice for future favors or something of that sort.

So today, after some review, I drove over to local bookstores and purchased a few books. One is on the art of flirting, and how to use it to get what you want. The other one basically boils down to the same thing. I've started reading the flirting book and am a quarter of the way through and I have to admit that it is common sensical and easy to read and can actually help me. It's great!

So I'm off to read it, but you already knew that since you're a smart and adept reader.

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a shame that the art of being a woman was lost to antiquity for many people. When women try to compete with men using men's rules then they will obviously lose. Women have a different but equally powerful set of tools for countering men. When these are developed they act as a balancing force to men's 'tools'.

It is up to you to bring balance back to the force. Too long has your anger driven you to the dark side. Now, by honing your latent feminine talents, your power will bring peace to those around you.