Monday, August 21, 2006

And I'm Proud To Be An American...

On Saturday I decided that I needed to go to the Victoria's Secret Body Shop at the nearby mall and pick up more of my favorite lotion. I like to go, as with grocery shopping, bright and early, so as soon as the mall opened I was there. I always feel so odd going into Victoria's Secret, especially when their store is both the lotions and lingerie store, however, my mall deemed it worthy to break it up into two so I didn't need to look as if I were buying lingerie for that special mate, or myself, though the state of my undergarments are not to be desired, but that's for another day... ooh, nice long rambling sentence.

In the store I dab this and that on my hands, trying to look as if I'm interested or undecided on what to buy, even though we all know I know exactly what I want. I'd rather that they had the bottles where you opened them and sniffed instead of attaching a lotion pump so that I'm forced to pump it into my hands. The little signs say 'play with me' on the bottles. Cute. Anyway, after a few minutes I snatch up the body butter, instead of the lotion, because it looked as if it would make my skin more buttery (bad mistake, by the way, but it's all in the smell, it actually does make me feel more buttery) and walked out of the store smelling like a thousand fields of Heaven, Lavender, Pink Buttercream Frosting, Strawberries and Cream, and Lust.

I walked around the mall and a big banner caught my eye, it was from Auntie Anne's pretzel kiosk. They were giving away free pretzels from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. I've never had an A. A. pretzel before and was tempted to get a nice cinnamon one but I felt that 10 o'clock in the morning was not appropriate time for cinnamon pretzel eating. However, I did approach the counter and asked if they were insane, or words to that effect. They replied that it was just a promotional thing they were doing. So I rushed out of the mall so that I could drive home to tell Soobee.

Walking to the car I looked around and saw three beautiful boxer dogs running on the strip of grassy ditch that separated the mall from the highway. They were too far away to see if they had any tags on. One dog was in the lead, running and running, but the middle one stopped and was looking around in the grass, which caused the third one to stop and look around as well. The lead dog turned to check if they caught up and realized that they had stopped, so he/she turned and went back to the others. They then muddled around conferencing and I think the middle one pointed out the nice shrubbery in the ditch, just before the fence, and all three of them made their way into it. Now they were in the ditch so I couldn't see them any longer, so I got into the car and drove closer to the ditch, and saw all three of them huddled under the shrubs resting or hiding. I then drove home.

We never got the pretzels.

Me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor doggies. I wonder if the got away from their owner and were lost. If they were pure breds you would think so. Maybe you should have reported it. But better you didn't so as not to get involved with the bureaucracy. Sucks to live in a country where you can't even report missing dogs without needing to present a DNA sample.

Anonymous said...

Wetzel's Pretzels are good. I've had a couple.

Don't know about Auntie Anne's but I never liked the look of their employees at the malls I've went to. If employees don't look ship shape then I don't want to buy food from them.

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

Did you know that Bath and Body Works makes Shampoo and Conditioner now? Odd. Anywho, my school often smells like Sweet Pea from bath and body works...

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

I forgot to mention this a while back. Isn't it worse to put the lotion in your hands because it starts messing the flavors all up. It might make a nice amalgated smell, but technically you'd have to buy like 3 lotions to create that effect.

Anonymous said...

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.