Wednesday, September 21, 2005

One Down. Only A Handful To Go.

Yesterday, driving home, I finally saw what I thought to be an alien ship. It was a quick set of, larger than normal jet's, flashing lights. It zoomed through the clouds and disappeared. I tried to point it out to Rich but the two seconds that it took to cross my view and vanish it was too late. (Isn't that always the case?) I tried to dismiss it as if my heart had not quickened a step.
"Oh it musta been some kind of firework", or since we live close to the airport, "musta been an aeroplane". mm hm. And I'm a monkey's uncle.

I have yet to live in an area that contains a bigfoot/yeti/sasquatch/abominable snowman. I'll get me a quick looksie at one of those too, when I do.

No loch ness monsters in my repertoire since I've yet to go to Scotland.

No mermaids although I thought I've heard them as a child, growing up in the Philippines. Calling to me with their songs, begging me to step foot into the ocean. Drowning in the process. Or are those sirens? I must be 1/8 siren.

No chupacabra or mothman. No faeries or trolls, goblins or boogeymen.

Now elves...
When I was 8 we went to the Phils for vacay and stayed in my grandma's house. (My family, I secretly believe we're the Filipino version of Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches.) I apologise, I've been immersed in so much superstition and supernatural to be able to shake it off...
Anywho, my cousin, Isa, introduced me to this stump where the "elves" lived. I ran with it, of course. Then some "kind" aunt told me that the food we left them was secretly gotten rid of by Isa when I wasn't around. umm. Yeah I knew that, thanks for ruining the fantasy.

Then one of the last nights I was there Isa and I went out at twilight to leave them their nightly victuals, we started heading towards the house and we turned around heeding some childish instinct, and there around the stump were tiny lights swirling. We ran to the house.

Don't ruin it with your logical comments...

I'll cast a spell on you.

Haha.

Me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see the new readable blog layout. Content, and being able to read it, is better than what it looks like. Though it's true that we read with our eyes first <- a joke for you.

Anonymous said...

eh have your fun, why let logic and reason pervade every waking moment. we are built for that - if we couldn't suspend reality in our thinking then we couldn't even enjoy fiction tales.

besides, what will logic and reason get you? both a rational person and a batsh*t insane wacked outta their a** person will end up dead eventually anyway. besides, it's better to have fun finding faeries and letting magic help you get through the day than getting drunk all day or popping pills to get through it.