Monday, May 23, 2005

Wasn't Marilyn Monroe a size 12?

Feeling like myself again but the husband is sick. :o(
I've been acting the good wife and have been making him good things to eat, like chicken soup and chili, and brownies. heh. Too bad there was nothing special to put in the brownies to make him feel a little better. There were walnuts though. heh. When we were young and sick mom made us our favorite dishes. I think she knew that behind what we claimed were "germs" was really a call for some tlc. I think that's why my colds only lasted 2 days when I was a kid instead of droning on and on for a week. I need a wife. Speaking of which...

I need a wife to cook like this gal... I got caught up reading this: "The Perfect Size 28"... now don't go thinking I let myself go down here in Florida. I just happened to stumble on this website because it's got such a cute layout. If you don't feel like reading it, it's a letter written by some husband about how his wife, who happenes to be a size 28, and how much he adores her and her abandonment of cultural norms (the skinny look), how he loves to watch her eat with so much zest, blah blah blah blah blah.

Hopefully I don't get any bad comments on this but dude she's 300 pounds! That's obese! I'm sure that 300 lbs of woman was never the norm "throughout the ages" and obesity was never a sign of health, fertility, sexuality and femininity. Yes the standard of a woman's size has gone down and don't get me wrong, I abhor the unhealthiness of the other end of the scale (literally), but to think that someone who is a size 28 is what some time period thought was a healthy specimen, you might be wrong on that one. At least she doesn't eat fast food and makes her own, homemade goodness. That I applaud her for and something my husband would applaud her for as well.

Hmm... is that why you got sick? So I could be in the kitchen, barefoot, and cooking you delicious meals? I told you, you supply me with money and I will be home all day long making you steaks and shrimp or better yet, prime rib and lobster.

Feel better schnoockums.
Me.

P.S. New Poll is up!!! Yay!!
P.P.S. Sorry Julie! You're letter will be in the mail today! My hands were kinda full.
P.S.3 Disney on a budget... tomorrow, for the Boardwalk.