Monday, May 16, 2005

Runny Nose? Congestion? Fever? Sore Throat? Body Aches? Sneezing?
Check, check and check!!!

So how was your weekend?

Ugh! Jesus Christ!

Rich and I went to MGM on Friday and during the line of Star Tours I said to him, "gee, my throat is starting to hurt," and it just got worse during the day. When we had lunch at the Dolphin Resort's Tubbi's, I was nearly passing out, tired, and throat burning up. Got home, went to bed immediately and woke up on Saturday, my throat on fire. Something I had never felt in my life. Spent the day in and out of some weird delirium, woke up a few time so Rich could give me some water with ice in it and fell back to sleep.

Who the fugg gives someone canned soup when they're sick? So I had to get my sick ass out of bed and make myself homemade soup. How sick is that? Hopefully I've paid everyone back by wiping my contaminated hands on the fridge handle, doorknobs, plates and silverware. See if I make you homemade chicken soup when you're sick! I'll fuggin' throw a can of soup at ya head.

I hope I didn't make Rich sick. Gee you think? I've sneezed several times, accidentally, on his side of the bed. My toothbrush stands only half and inch away from his, not to mention that our bodies barely have a gap in bed as we sleep and I touch the cat with my unwashed hands and so does he. Luckily he's got a strong metabolism and is in better shape than I, so he'll probably wont catch it.

Yesterday I felt tons better, no more sore throat, which I think the fever I had the night before burned away, but my chest felt congested and I still felt a little light-headed. I spent most of the day in bed, the only time to get up to eat some homemade soup. Yay me!

Today? The prescription is for a day in bed. I feel somewhat like myself again, except my ears are clogged from blowing my nose so much, but a good sign is that I'm finally coughing up the phlegm that's been lodged in my lungs for the past few days and it's clearing up the congestion. Tomorrow I should be back to my functional 80%. I save the extra 20% for... well, we wont go into that. Let's just say, when I'm finally on Jeopardy or Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? you'll realize that around the normal people I'm just at my cruise 75%. I use that other percentage to catch the men of my dreams and to surprise the people who I've tricked into thinking I'm a bimbo.

Speaking of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, while we were at MGM and heading out, we heard someone call out "hey, excuse me! Can you guys help me?" and when we turned around there was the attendant of the WWTBAM attraction and she's like "I really need your help, can one of you please do the "call a friend" except it's "call a stranger" for this woman's lifeline?" So I looked at Rich and he's like, "you go ahead" and I turned to her and said, "sure!!"

So I'm handed a telephone by the other attendant and the host talks to me, asks me my name, "Michelle!", asks me where I'm from.. "umm, Boston!" (Like I surprised myself with those two answers) and then she tells me that the woman in the hot seat has only 30 seconds to give me the question and I have to answer in that time, blah blah blah. So the question's "Which state's motto is Eureka?" and I'm relaying all of this to Rich, "Maine, Iowa, California or Michigan?" and he looks at me and says, "California" so I scream into the phone "California!!!" and she's like, "that's what I was thinking of. How sure are you?" to Rich, "how sure are we?" "70%" "70%!!!". "Goo-" that's when I was cut off just when I was about to yell "Good Luck!!!". So then I hand the phone back to the attendant and I ask her, "did she get it right?" and she's like, "yes she got it right!" and then she says, "thanks for participating," and hands me a button. We say thanks and say goodbye to the first attendant and head out. I look at my button and it says "I was a complete stranger" with the WWTBAM logo on it. I was so excited. Excited and sick.

Maybe when I'm not so sick I'll take a pic of my button and post it up. haha.
Okee, gotta go back to bed.
See y'all later.


Me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strong metabolism? Or stronger immune system? It is because i pay homage to soot-a-bunch and her dirty self that builds it up.

And what do you mean catching the MEN of your dreams???

Michelle said...

see...? i must be running at 60%. sorry honey, I meant man of my dreams.

And earlier today when I was on the bowl I was like, "metabolism? i think i meant immune system... oh well".

Hey, i'd pay homage too if only she'd come my way but she seems to prefer you more. I guess stinks of a feather flock together.

Anonymous said...

stint-a-YOU!!

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

Did you talk to that Merideth lady from the view? or those feminine something or other commercials?

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »