Monday, October 01, 2007

I promised I would have a blog yesterday... oops

Did you ever feel like not wanting to shake hands at church so you go to the least seated section, and all of a sudden, as if there were lights above you blinking "sit next to me! sit next to me!" over your head and everyone troops in, sitting uncomfortably close? No? Me neither...

I usually update what I did for my birthday, not for your benefit but for mine. Have you noticed that I'm getting older? By the time I'm thirty I'll have forgotten my name. It'll be good to have some form of documentation of what I did this or that year. But when the time comes that I'll need to boost my memory, the aliens will have enslaved us and are using our bodies as vessels in which to spawn their species... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

The evening before my actual birthday Rich and I went to the House of Blues, ate appetizers of file (fee-lay) gumbo and brick oven pizza. I had jambalaya and he had a po' boy sandwich. We didn't get dessert because I was too embarrassed to correct our waiter. I couldn't finish my huge bowl of jambalaya so when he came by he said "would you like a box for that?" and I replied "yes" and then as he walked away I said to him "could we also have dessert?" and he came back with the box and a check, no dessert menu. I figured he misheard me and thought I said "we wont be having dessert".

Instead, we made our way in the rain to the Haagen-Dazs store for some delicious ice cream and ate it, huddled outside, overlooking the lake, under a slim awning, trying to avoid the rain. It was very romantic. Rich had some hot fudge sauce on his chin and I had accidentally spilled mint chocolate chip on my shirt.

So that was the eve of my birthday, the next day we had two slices of cake, I blew out the candles, and munched on garlic bread roast beef sandwiches.

Yum!

No comments: